Ever found yourself over-packing the shoes when travelling? We oscillate from basics – have to have these, to cute – but I love these, to matchy – but these will go great with that sundress, to comfy – just in case I need a pair that’s super comfy.
But there’s a way to pack the shoes without overdoing it.
- Pack your shoes before your clothes. This will ensure that you match your clothes according to your footwear, and that you pack light.
- Break into them. Don’t try out a pair of shoes for the first time when you’re travelling about. Shoe bites are the worst thing when travelling, because you’re so dependent on your feet.
- Don’t skimp on the walking shoes. You’ll be spending the most amount of time in these. It could be slip-ons, loafers or ballet flats that fit great, look great and feel comfortable.
- Carry a pair of hiking shoes. You never know when you’ll feel like going exploring. And if they’re the heaviest pair, wear them while travelling to reduce the weight of your luggage.
- Dress for the weather. Think: comfy flip-flops and sandals for the warmth. Warm boots for the cold.
- Dress to the nines. Think: dressy sandals or wedges for the warmth. Pumps and thick pantyhose for the cold.
It’s really about the essentials (and having a bit of fun too, of course). Just remember to take care of your feet while at it, because when travelling, shoes really are a girl’s best friend.